Monday, November 16, 2015

Simple Life



We keep getting asked what is the biggest difference between living in Texas and living here.


I think the easiest way to explain it is that our life became simpler.  The millions of things we owned before have been dwindled down to the things we cherish the most.  We have had to squeeze into a house that feels tiny to us but is a great size by London standards.
My laundry room is in my kitchen.

My pantry is a cabinet. That fancy thing below is our electrical socket. 


Our refrigerator and our freezer is the same size.
                                             
We love our books and a few decorations that we  have on our shelves.

We created a craft corner and we are waiting on a craft table to fill our 2nd reception area.

The kids toy cabinet.  They have a few more toys upstairs but they took our
humongous play room in San Antonio down to a cabinet in London.


Not having a car is wonderful.  If I never had to drive again, I would be happy!  You get to walk and enjoy the scenery.  Stop and smell the roses has taken on a whole new meaning in my life.  We don't have to mess with a car or the yelling as I'm fastening one of the kids into their car seat.  They love riding the train or bus and the time we get to spend looking out the window instead of driving is priceless.



The street we walk to get to the little ones' nursery.

The park we walk through to get to Taryn's school.


Everything is delivered to you...ironing is picked up and dropped off, cases of wine, groceries, tea, meals...anything you want delivered to you.  There is no more fighting at the grocery store about what to buy or I want this or I want that.  There will be a future post about deliveries and the impact on our life!

Our grocery delivery today.
And our wine delivery



We are settling into our simple life and I must say that I'm enjoying it.  Chiswick has a relaxed, family atmosphere that it makes it easy to adapt and fall right into life.

The view today from our couch.


We are waiting on the last of our furniture to arrive, once it does, I promise to give a tour of the house!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages