Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was interesting this year.  We tried to have Thanksgiving at our house but we failed miserably.  We couldn't get the turkey cooked right and our easy recipes from the states weren't easy here.  It took me forever to figure out how our oven works and at Thanksgiving I was still struggling. (I'm just now getting good at cooking in our oven!)  Also, our kitchen is so tiny that it looked like a hurricane and tornado came through.  It took us about 3 days to get it back to normal!

So here are pictures of our tries at turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, butternut squash soup, rolls, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie:






We have made some great American friends and they came to the rescue.  We had a potluck Thanksgiving meal, thank goodness!  I must say that being with friends made it feel more like Thanksgiving.  It was so good for the kids too.


Another thing fun thing was going to the little ones nursery and talking about Thanksgiving.  I had to do research about why do we celebrate Thanksgiving, ha!  The little ones were so proud and they talked about what they were thankful for and they made this cute turkeys.

Sebastian's Turkey

Jillian's Turkey

I'm still trying to work on my camera and editing skills.  I took lots of photos of the kids but most did not turn out to great.  Taking pictures indoors is so much tougher than running to the park and taking pictures.  Jillian wanted nothing to do with her brother and sister.  She also cried almost the entire time.  Here are the few that turned out good!









 Hope you enjoyed reading this really long post!  It look me forever to write it!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages